Georgia Senate Approves Legislation Which Preserves Consumer’s Fuel Choice
March 30, 2021
On Monday, March 22, 2021, the Georgia Senate approved HB 150, which preserves fuel choice for Georgia consumers.
According to the Georgia Association of REALTORS, local governments in states like California, Washington and Massachusetts are banning natural gas and propane in new construction in a misguided attempt to reach future “carbon free” goals.
A few cities in GA also have “carbon free” targets and may be at risk of adopting similar bans on natural gas, propane and other fuels.
While these goals are well intentioned, local ordinances banning these fuels ignore:
- Natural gas and propane are clean-burning fuels that have been a critical part of lowering carbon emissions in the U.S.
- Natural gas and propane are cost-efficient fuels which provide families heat and energy at a competitive price.
- Restaurants, hotels and other small businesses depend on low-cost natural gas, propane and other fuels to run their businesses.
- Georgia’s agricultural community, like poultry farms, and our manufacturers rely on these fuels for their operations.
- Efforts to create renewable natural gas supplies from waste, which offer significant environmental benefits, require a robust natural gas distribution system to be successful.
Preserving fuel choice for Georgians will:
- Help keep energy costs low for families, restaurants and other small businesses.
- Ensure Georgia has a diverse energy supply which increases reliability.
- Make Georgia even more competitive in job creation and economic development.
- Put Georgia on a level footing with states like Tennessee and Oklahoma that have already passed similar laws.
About the PBOR Market Brief
The Paulding Board of REALTORS® (PBOR) Market Brief is compiled by First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS). For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 770.866.1397.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.
About the Paulding Board of REALTORS®
The Paulding Board of REALTORS® (PBOR) has been an instrumental factor in the growth of real estate in Paulding County, Georgia for more than a decade. PBOR serves as a central source of information for its members, with mainly focusing on real estate education, the promotion of professionalism in the industry and representing REALTORS® members with legislative initiatives to create positive change for the real estate community.
About First Multiple Listing Service
First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS) is the premier data services provider for real estate professionals in Georgia. FMLS was founded in 1957 by a group of Brokers who wanted to share their listings and connect buyers and sellers. Today FMLS is the largest MLS in Georgia & the 4th largest MLS in the United States, serving nearly 54,000 real estate Agents & Brokers. For additional information or to start a discussion about how to partner with FMLS please contact email@example.com.