CDC Issues Eviction Moratorium; NAR Opposes
September 9, 2020
This moratorium applies to all rental units. For a renter to be eligible for relief, they must self-certify under penalty of perjury that they meet the following criteria:
- Have used best efforts to obtain all available government assistance for rent or housing;
- Expect to earn no more than $99k (individual) or $198k (joint) in 2020; OR was not required to report income in 2019; OR received an Economic Impact Payment from the CARES Act;
- Are unable to pay the full rent or housing payment due to substantial loss of household income, loss of hours, lay-off, or extraordinary medical expenses;
- Are using best efforts to make timely partial payments; AND
- Eviction would likely renter them homeless or force to move into close quarters in congregate or shared living settings due to no other housing options.
NAR has published a summary of the order issued by the CDC. Following the pre-release of the order, NAR issued a statement, that the order would "bring chaos to our nation’s critical rental housing sector and put countless property owners out of business.” In addition, NAR joined with our industry partners to urge Congress to pass immediate rental assistance.
More action is coming on this issue. NAR will fight to protect our nation's more than 48 million rental units and their property owners.
About the PBOR Market Brief
The Paulding Board of REALTORS® (PBOR) Market Brief is compiled by First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS). For more information on details of this month's report, please contact the Board at 770.866.1397.
*Each month, the numbers reported for the previous month are updated to reflect additional recordings.
About the Paulding Board of REALTORS®
The Paulding Board of REALTORS® (PBOR) has been an instrumental factor in the growth of real estate in Paulding County, Georgia for more than a decade. PBOR serves as a central source of information for its members, with mainly focusing on real estate education, the promotion of professionalism in the industry and representing REALTORS® members with legislative initiatives to create positive change for the real estate community.
About First Multiple Listing Service
First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS) is the premier data services provider for real estate professionals in Georgia. FMLS was founded in 1957 by a group of Brokers who wanted to share their listings and connect buyers and sellers. Today FMLS is the largest MLS in Georgia & the 4th largest MLS in the United States, serving nearly 54,000 real estate Agents & Brokers. For additional information or to start a discussion about how to partner with FMLS please contact email@example.com.